What’s the best Valentine’s Day gift you could give? Inga Verbeeck, owner of the exclusive matchmaking agency Ivy International, sat down with us and gave us some exquisite tips for making this Valentine’s Day extra special. Because Ivy is dedicated to helping the world’s most successful people find love, Inga’s insight is invaluable. Her suggestion: give your partner more than just a gift and create memories you both will treasure for a lifetime. Find out how this love expert takes on Valentine’s Day with a bang.
Dinner always seems to be a go-to plan for Valentine’s, so make it your own instead of making reservations. Inga suggests to go all out for a unique experience, “Ideally, we wouldn’t advise some great restaurant. Instead, we would advise a real food experience, allowing for more personal interaction.” Make it fun and memorable by “having dinner in the dark, going to a food class, or booking a famous chef for a private dinner.”
Get Creative with Gift Giving!
There is no better way to express your love than through giving something personalized with the loved one’s tastes in mind. Inga gave us six creative approaches to the classic Valentine’s Day gifts.
1. Instead of buying a piece of jewelry for your date, go together and have something designed specially for them. Work together with Simon G. to create a one-of-a-kind piece that can be cherished forever.
2. Instead of buying her perfume, take her to a “maître parfumier” and have your/her own perfume designed. Set your expectations high and watch them come to life with Mathilde Laurent, Cartier perfumer, who will create a unique, dream fragrance for you and your Valentine made to Cartier standards.
3. Nearly everyone LOVES chocolate… but yes, don’t just buy your date a box, take them to a maître chocolatier! Create something truly original for your sweetheart at the The Chocolate Line expedition store in Bruges.
4. Cashmere is a girl’s best friend. Be original and go to www.tuinch.com for a personalized piece.
5. Bubbles should always be present, but be original. Dom Perignon is great if you like it, but change it up for Valentine’s Day and go with a love-themed option such as Champagne Marguerite Guyot.
6. Visit a favorite art gallery and buy a piece of art, together. Share what you love with the one you love.
Show them the World!
You don’t have to be Aladdin to show them the world. Outdoor trips are the best adventures, filled with new experiences that will become cherished memories. From traveling across the seas to driving down the highway for a weekend getaway, the amount of possible outdoor adventures is endless.
Here are three of Inga’s highly suggested outings that will create enduring memories for you and your loved one.
1. Go glamping! Have a luxurious time in nature somewhere like the beautiful green Svartsö Logi in the Stockholm archipelago. You can also enjoy the Northern Lights from the comfort of your glass igloo at the Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort in Finland.
2. Go to a glow-in-the-dark beach in the Maldives. Enliven your time in the Maldives by staying at the all new world class St. Regis Maldives Resort, which is home to the largest villa in the Maldives available for rent.
3. Organize a golfing trip. Go play at Pebble Beach or Pinehurst and then hit the spa for the best weekend getaway with your significant other on Valentine’s Day.